I had to write this today. I have been waxing eloquent about DT's brilliance and their inspirational qualities et al. But really , there is the one song from the Systematic Chaos album that I hate. 'Dark Eternal Night'. I dunno why, but it really does'nt seem right. Vocals are too jarring on the nerves especially the part where Labrie goes '....into the daaark eteernal night'.. Arrrgh.. I close my ears every time that song is played. Literally like being caught in a hellish dream! :D
Now don't go around thinking that my worship level for DT has gone down a notch. In fact the song is like a 'Drishti Pottu' on DT's brilliance. Something like a charm to ward off the evil eye. :D
Maybe someday I'll grow to like it. But, like a popular saying goes 'First impressions are the best'. The first impression from this song wasn't good.DT can do much much better than that. Yes they can. And they will. :)
Flawless - Immaculate - Impeccable Vocals
James Labrie - The Man with the Golden Voice
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment