Flawless - Immaculate - Impeccable Vocals

Flawless - Immaculate - Impeccable Vocals
James Labrie - The Man with the Golden Voice

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Honor Thy Father \m/

Oh, Mike Portnoy? What do I do with you? Ummm.. praising you is all I can do for the time being. :D

Well , I am referring to the song , Honor thy Father from the album 'Train of thought'. Oh, the lyrics have such awesome depth in them, I wonder how much Portnoy must've thought to write such kick ass lyrics?!! But then, every song of DT's have powerful lyrics, and such amazing depth, so a lot of thought sure goes into penning them down.

Back to my post, Honor thy father talks about a child deprived of the love of a father and how the child grows to hate him. Why am I writing? Read the lyrics and understand for yourselves!

'Expecting everyone to bow and kiss your feet
Don't you see respect is not a one way street
Blaming everyone for all that you've done wrong
I'll get my peace of mind when you hear this song

On and on and on and on it goes
And with every passing day true colors show

How can you ever sleep a wink at night
Pretending that everything is alright
And have the balls to blame this mess on me

Never in my life have I seen someone
Oblivious to the damage he has done
You're the rotted root in the family tree

Watch where you walk
Don't you dare cross the crooked step
Watch the way you talk
Don't cross the crooked step'

No comments: